Total permanent disability claims

How to file a total permanent disability claim

We need the following paperwork from your doctor, hospital or clinic or the police. It’s fine to send us copies of these documents.

  • Medical report(s) with treatment details
  • Hospital discharge note
  • Any lab-test results, lab scans or image result
  • Any surgery records
  • Results of any assessment by the Medical Evaluation Board. This evaluation must have been performed between 6-9 months after the date of any disability. Please note that this isn’t needed if you’ve had limb surgery or the surgical removal of eyeball(s) due to trauma
  • Any police investigation or accident report as issued by authorised police. This only applies if any disability was caused by an accident

If a third party is assisting with the claim, we need proof of identity and details of your relationship to the insured. See below documentation required.

  • Your ID card
  • A legal document to prove the relationship between the insurance claimant (the person making the claim) and the insured person. For example, a marriage certificate / birth certificate / power of attorney

Helpful note: Always keep original copies of any documents until after your claim has been processed. This is because we may need your original documents to help us assess your claim.

You can submit your claim in one of two ways:
In person
In person

Important things you should know

The above is a guide only. We may need other documents in order to accurately assess your claim. For more details, please read the terms and conditions of your policy. If you need help, please call FWD Customer Care on 1800 969690 (toll free). Or you can send us an email via

How we deal with claims at FWD, and what you need to know


When should I submit my claim?


How long will it take for my claim to be approved?


How will you pay me?

Looking to make a different claim?

We have 'how to claim' guides for all types of insurance plans. Simply select from one of the options below.