We need the following paperwork from your doctor, hospital or clinic or the police. It’s fine to send us copies of these documents.
- Medical report(s) with treatment details
- Hospital discharge note
- Any lab-test results, lab scans or image result
- Any surgery records
- Results of any assessment by the Medical Evaluation Board. This evaluation must have been performed between 6-9 months after the date of any disability. Please note that this isn’t needed if you’ve had limb surgery or the surgical removal of eyeball(s) due to trauma
- Any police investigation or accident report as issued by authorised police. This only applies if any disability was caused by an accident
If a third party is assisting with the claim, we need proof of identity and details of your relationship to the insured. See below documentation required.
- Your ID card
- A legal document to prove the relationship between the insurance claimant (the person making the claim) and the insured person. For example, a marriage certificate / birth certificate / power of attorney
Helpful note: Always keep original copies of any documents until after your claim has been processed. This is because we may need your original documents to help us assess your claim.